We’re passionate about showing backpackers and independent travellers from across the globe a truly Canadian experience when they join our adventure bus network. And it all begins with our employees! If you share our passion, we’d love to hear from you. Take a look at what’s available below:
ADVENTURE TOUR GUIDES WANTED
Ever wanted to go ziplining, whitewater rafting, kayaking, surfing, hiking and more in the Canadian Rockies, on Vancouver Island, or in Whistler AND get paid for it?! Are you a social person that would love to show off Western Canada to adventurous travellers from all over the world? When you’re travelling, do you prefer hostels over hotels? If your answers to these questions are Yes, Yes, and Yes, then please keep reading!
Moose Travel Network is seeking Adventure Tour Guides for Summer 2020. Our Tour Guides lead tours to the Rockies, Vancouver Island, and Whistler. Our passengers are mostly 18 to 39 year old backpackers and independent travellers from the UK, Australia, Europe, and elsewhere around the world. They travel with us to experience the great outdoors of Western Canada, including sightseeing and adventure stops/activities, and for the social side of travelling, all while on a budget. Your job as the Tour Guide is to make sure they have the #besttripever! This also involves driving a mini-bus carrying as many as 24 Moose travellers (in a safe and responsible manner of course).
- A passion for travel and the great outdoors!
- A Canadian drivers licence and 5 years of safe driving experience. Note: we provide training for the required BC Class 4 Unrestricted drivers licence. If you already have a Class 4 unrestricted, even better!
- Responsible, with a proven track record of being reliable and dependable
- Organized, with demonstrated abilities to multitask, including strong problem solving skills
- Enthusiastic and eager to entertain people from a wide variety of cultures
- Excellent communication skills – verbal in particular
- A big sense of adventure and a huge desire to have FUN!!
- NOTE: Must be able to lift up to 23kg, drive long distances, walk up to 10km, and pass a Class 4 Unrestricted Drivers Licence medical exam
- Position is based in Vancouver, but you’ll live “on the road”!
- Class 4 Unrestricted driver training to occur in Winter 2019/20 or Spring 2020, and is done on a part-time, flexible basis.
- Tour Guide training takes place in April. Full season runs from end of April through mid-October, with some tours operating on a shorter season.
- There may be opportunities to continue working in the winter.
- Send a resume and cover letter telling us why you’re interested in this role, and why you are a great candidate to: firstname.lastname@example.org