Jump on this fun one-way trip from Vancouver to Banff, for a quick tour into the Canadian Rocky Mountains. The 2 day Roadrunner Pass takes you through Kelowna and along Okanagan Lake with exciting water sports, beach fun and great nightlife. As we continue eastward you’ll see the incredibly varied landscapes of beautiful British Columbia, before we cross into Alberta and finish in the heart of the Canadian Rockies – Banff!
Note: the Roadrunner is the first 2 days of the 8 day Caribou tour. Some of your fellow travellers will be continuing onwards to Jasper after you finish.
Looking for Summer 2020 departures? Click here!
|2021 DEPARTURE DAYS & PRICING|
|April 22 to May 31||Mondays, Thursdays||Low Season||from $409|
|June 01 to 30||Mondays, Thursdays||Mid Season||from $419|
|July 01 to August 31||Mondays, Thursdays||Peak Season||from $439|
|September 01 to September 30||Mondays, Thursdays||Mid Season||from $419|
|October 01 to October 11||Mondays, Thursdays||Low Season||from $409|
- 1 night mixed gender, hostel dormitory style accommodation
- Moose Bus transportation
- Services of a professional & fun tour guide/driver
- Paddleboarding on Skaha Lake
- 1 group dinner
- 1 breakfast (at the Samesun hostel)
- National Park fees
- Moose travellers also receive discounts on optional activities!
*Note: Due to uncertainty regarding longer term impacts of COVID-19 on our suppliers, 2021 itineraries and inclusions are currently subject to change.
Not Interested in Staying in Shared Hostel Dorm Accommodation?
If you prefer to stay in private rooms or in alternative accommodation, check out the non-accommodated version of this tour by clicking here.
2 days/1 night | Departing Vancouver
- Explore Western Canada's wilderness stopping at stunning viewpoints along the way
- See the majestic Bridal Veil Falls
- Paddleboard on a lake in the Okanagan Valley (included)
- Go kayaking in hand crafted wooden boats (optional extra)
- Enjoy the wicked nightlife and adventure activities in Banff
- Travel through Canada's desert region and party on Lake Okanagan
Leaving the city behind, we’ll head east through the Fraser Valley. At our first stop, we’ll take a short walk in a west coast rainforest to check out Bridal Veil Falls. Crossing through the Coastal Mountains, we’ll stop in Manning Park for lunch at Lightning Lake. Afterwards, we arrive in the semi-arid grasslands of the Okanagan where we’ll go for a paddleboard on Skaha Lake in Penticton. Then it’s onto Kelowna on Lake Okanagan, our destination for the night.
Activity & Meal Inclusions: Paddleboarding, Dinner
Moose Accommodation: Samesun Kelowna
We’ll be in two provinces, completely cross three mountain ranges, and travel through four National Parks today as we continue east to Banff. Leaving the Okanagan, we’ll stop en route in Revelstoke, where you’ll have the option to go lake kayaking surrounded by beautiful mountain scenery. Continuing onwards, we’ll finally enter the Rocky Mountains and cross over the Kicking Horse Pass into Alberta and Banff National Park. Tonight, our tour finishes in the historic town of Banff, in the heart of the mountains.
Meal Inclusions: Breakfast at Samesun Kelowna
Moose Accommodation: None. You will need to make your own reservations for tonight. We recommend booking at the HI Banff Alpine Centre where your fellow travellers doing a longer pass will be staying.
Dates & PricesTours run from April to October each year.
Seat availability shown here is for the first leg of trip only. Please continue to the booking page for accurate seat availability.
The 2 day Roadrunner tour offers fun outdoor activities en route from Vancouver to Banff. Experience the best of summer in Briitsh Columbia with paddleboarding on Skaha Lake in the Okanagan (included) and go hiking through incredible scenery on your way into the Rockies. Take in the breathtaking mountain vistas while kayaking on a pristine blue lake or choose to add on adventure activities like horseback riding and whitewater rafting after finishing the tour in Banff. (Note: some of the activities below are only available after finishing the tour in Banff).
Note: Pricing below is from Summer 2019. Check back for updated pricing for 2021 tour departures.
|Paddleboarding||Included||Penticton (near Kelowna)|
|Lake Kayaking (2 hrs)||$60||Revelstoke|
|Wildlife Spotting||Free||Various Locations|
|Available in Banff after your tour ends:|
|White Water Rafting (incl. BBQ lunch)||From $135||Kicking Horse (near Banff)|
|Banff Gondola||from $64||Banff|
|Banff Upper Hot Springs||$8||Banff|
|Horseback Riding (1-3 hrs)||from $61||Banff|
|Helicopter Ride (12-30mins)||from $143||Banff|
|Big Canoe Tour (1.5 hrs)||$46||Banff|
|Via Ferrata (from 2.5 - 6 hrs)||from $161||Banff|
|Banff Mountain Bike Rental||from $28||Banff|
- Some activities are seasonal and weather dependent
- Many activities can only be paid for in cash
- Most activities are offered by a third party and may require specific travel insurance
- Moose can not guarantee that all activities will run on every tour
- Taxes and surcharges not included.
If you book an accommodated tour, your accommodation is included for all nights of the tour, in mixed gender, hostel dormitory rooms. The majority of our travellers book an accommodated tour because it provides the best value for your money since we receive discounts from our accommodation providers that aren't available to the general public. Please note that you can request female only dorm rooms, and this is usually possible to accommodate, but we CANNOT guarantee it. We choose hostels and backpacker properties for their budget value, as well as properties that offer great facilities while always providing a warm, friendly atmosphere. By staying in shared dorm rooms you get a chance to meet more people, hang out with other tour guests, and keep the price as low as possible. The hostel staff are often travellers too, and they're great for helping plan your time in each destination, and for giving great local recommendations on where to eat, play and party!
Note: DO NOT purchase an accommodated tour/package if you want to stay in hostel private rooms on any or multiple nights of the tour. We DO NOT offer an upgrade package from dorm rooms to private rooms. If you want private rooms, you MUST book the non-accommodated option, and then book ALL nights of accommodation yourself.
Pre and Post Tour Accommodation is NEVER Included
Regardless of whether or not you purchase an accommodated tour, you must ALWAYS book your pre and post tour nights in Vancouver and Banff yourself. For your convenience, we recommend staying at one of our hostel pick up locations, noting that we also drop off at these same locations.
Moose Accommodation Listings
Here is a list of the hostels we stay at on this accommodated tour.
|START > DESTINATION||HOSTEL||WEBSITE|
|Vancouver > Kelowna||Samesun Kelowna||www.samesun.com|
|Kelowna > Banff||N/A||*Bed not included|
|ITINERARY DAY||PICK-UP TIME||PICK-UP LOCATION|
|VANCOUVER > KELOWNA|
|HI Jericho||7:30am||1515 Discovery St, Vancouver|
|HI Downtown||7:50am||1114 Burnaby St, Vancouver|
|Cambie - Seymour St||8:00am||515 Seymour St, Vancouver|
|HI Central||8:10am||1025 Granville St, Vancouver|
|SameSun Vancouver||8:10am||1018 Granville St, Vancouver|
|KELOWNA > BANFF|
|SameSun Kelowna||8:00am||245 Harvey Ave, Kelowna|
- Bring proper clothing for the tour. The weather in Canada can be unpredictable, and changes in temperature can occur throughout the day depending on location (this is especially true in the mountains or during the spring and fall months elsewhere). Find out what else to bring on our FAQ page.
- If possible bring a credit card with you while traveling. Credit cards can be used as identification and for making deposits on rentals if needed.
- Don't forget your camera - we will guarantee that you will want to take photos of new friends, beautiful scenery and wild animals!
- Book your pre and post departure accommodation in advance. Moose tours pick up and drop off at major hostels in Vancouver and Banff. Not sure where to stay? Contact our office for recommendations.
- Join our Facebook travel community and hook up with you future bus mates. If you have any questions we can surely answer them there. Possibly peruse some of the pics of passengers past!
- If you have any other questions please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact our office.