|This tour option DOES NOT include accommodation. You must book all of your own accommodation for EVERY night of the tour!
Click HERE for the accommodated version of this tour.
Enjoy a trip to Vancouver Island and experience the authentic wilderness of west coast British Columbia. This 4 day tour of Vancouver Island includes 2 nights in the little fishing village of Tofino, and 1 night in Victoria, British Columbia’s provincial capital. We’ll stop along the way to see Vancouver Island’s best scenery of idyllic clear lakes, giant old-growth trees, and picturesque waterfalls. And with a free day in Tofino, there’s time for whale watching, surfing, relaxing on the beach, and more!
|2021 DEPARTURE DAYS & PRICING|
|May 04 to 31||Tuesdays, Fridays||Low Season||from $419|
|June 01 to 30||Tuesdays, Fridays||Mid Season||from $429|
|July 01 to August 31||Tuesdays, Fridays||Peak Season||from $459|
|September 01 to September 14||Tuesdays, Fridays||Mid Season||from $429|
- Moose Bus transportation
- 2 scenic ferry rides to and from Vancouver Island
- Services of a professional & fun tour guide/driver
- 1 group dinner
- National Park fees
- Moose travellers also receive discounts on optional activities!
*Note: Due to uncertainty regarding longer term impacts of COVID-19 on our suppliers, 2021 itineraries and inclusions are currently subject to change.
4 days/3 nights | Departing Vancouver
- Cruise across Georgia Strait on two scenic ferry rides
- See majestic 800 year-old giant Douglas-fir trees in Cathedral Grove
- Marvel at prehistoric petroglyphs at Sproat Lake Provincial Park
- Revel in the island-dotted coastline and windswept beaches of Pacific Rim National Park
- Enjoy a free day exploring the quaint little fishing village of Tofino
- Go whale watching, bear watching, sea kayaking, surfing or relax in the hot springs (optional extras)
- Explore the historic inner harbour of Victoria, British Columbia's capital
Our adventure begins this morning with a scenic ferry ride from Horseshoe Bay to Nanaimo on Vancouver Island. Walk around the ship decks and keep an eye out for seals and orcas! We’ll then head into the lush rainforests of Vancouver Island where you get great views of waterfalls, lakes, and 800-year old giant Douglas-fir trees. Continuing westward, we’ll make our way into Pacific Rim National Park for our first glimpse of the pristine beaches, battered coastlines, and hundreds of islands. Then it’s on to Tofino, a quaint little fishing village on the West Coast, and our home for the next two nights.
Meal Inclusions: Dinner
Recommended Accommodation: HI Tofino - Whalers on the Point
Take this free day to do whatever you please! With so many optional activities on offer, such as whale watching, soaking in natural hot springs, sea kayaking, and surfing to choose from, your stay in Tofino will be nothing short of amazing. If you're not seeking adrenaline, simply unplug and find a beach, or go for a hike to relax.
Recommended Accommodation: HI Tofino - Whalers on the Point
We’ll drive back across the island today, stopping in the village of Coombs for a chance to spot the famous goats on the roof of the Old Country Market. From there, we’ll head south along the east coast, passing through Chemainus, with its 39 giant outdoor murals, and Duncan, home of the world’s largest (ice) hockey stick! Our destination for the night is the BC provincial capital, Victoria, named after Queen Victoria of Britain. Check out the bright lights and vibrant scene in the Inner Harbour after sunset!
Recommended Accommodation (Tue departures from Vancouver): Ocean Island Inn
Recommended Accommodation (Fri departures from Vancouver): HI Victoria
Spend your free time during the day exploring the city sights around the Inner Harbour, including the Parliament Buildings, Empress Hotel, and Royal BC Museum. We recommend walking the waterfront boardwalk to Fisherman’s Wharf, and exploring Fan Tan Alley in Chinatown, the oldest Chinatown in Canada. In the afternoon, we’ll take another scenic ferry cruise back to the mainland and Vancouver, where our trip ends.
Accommodation: None. You will need to make your own reservations for tonight.
Dates & PricesTours run from May to September each year.
Seat availability shown here is for the first leg of trip only. Please continue to the booking page for accurate seat availability.
Jump on the Island Explorer and take the opportunity to try local adventure activities like surfing in Tofino. Moose offers loads of options to soak in the scenery in a relaxed way, like whale watching and hot springs.
Note: Pricing below is from Summer 2019. Check back for updated pricing for 2021 tour departures.
|Whale Watching Tour (2.5- 3 hrs)||$103||Tofino|
|Bear Watching Tour (2 - 2.5 hrs)||$103||Tofino|
|Sea Kayaking Tour (from 2.5 - 4 hrs)||from $65||Tofino|
|Natural Hot Springs & Whale Watching Tour (6.5 hrs)||$139||Tofino|
|Surfing (Lessons & rentals included, 3 hrs)||$68||Tofino|
- Some activities are seasonal and weather dependent
- Many activities can only be paid for in cash
- Most activities are offered by a third party and may require specific travel insurance
- Moose can not guarantee that all activities will run on every tour
- Taxes and surcharges not included.
If you book a non-accommodated tour, you MUST book all nights of accommodation yourself. Moose will NOT include nor hold any accommodation reservations on your behalf in the overnight locations. You should book a non-accommodated tour if you wish to stay in private rooms or in alternative properties on your tour.
Pre and Post Tour Accommodation is NEVER Included
Regardless of whether or not you purchase an accommodated tour, you must ALWAYS book your pre and post tour nights in Vancouver yourself. For your convenience, we recommend staying at one of our hostel pick up locations, noting that we also drop off at these same locations.
Moose Accommodation Listings
Here is a list of the hostels we stay at on accommodated tours. If you book a non-accommodated tour and wish to stay in hostel private rooms, we recommend booking at these same properties since that is where the majority of the other Moose travellers and your Moose driver/guide will be staying.
|START > DESTINATION||HOSTEL||WEBSITE|
|Vancouver > Tofino||HI Tofino - Whalers on the Point||www.hihostels.ca|
|Tofino Free Day||HI Tofino - Whalers on the Point||www.hihostels.ca|
|Tofino > Victoria||
Ocean Island* (Tue departures from Vancouver)
HI Victoria* (Fri departures from Vancouver)
|Victoria > Vancouver||N/A||*Bed not reserved|
*Island Explorer tours departing Vancouver on Tuesdays stay at the Ocean Island Backpackers. Friday departures from Vancouver stay at the HI Victoria.
|ITINERARY DAY||PICK-UP TIME||PICK-UP LOCATION|
|VANCOUVER > TOFINO|
|HI Jericho||7:45am||1515 Discovery St, Vancouver|
|HI Downtown||8:05am||1114 Burnaby St, Vancouver|
|Cambie - Seymour||8:20am||515 Seymour St, Vancouver|
|HI Central||8:30am||1025 Granville St, Vancouver|
|SameSun Vancouver||8:30am||1018 Granville St, Vancouver|
|TOFINO > VICTORIA|
|HI Tofino||8:30am||81 West St, Tofino|
|VICTORIA > VANCOUVER|
|HI Victoria||3:00pm||516 Yates St, Victoria|
|Ocean Island||3:15pm||791 Pandora Ave, Victoria|
- Bring proper clothing for the tour. The weather in Canada can be unpredictable, and changes in temperature can occur throughout the day depending on location (this is especially true in the mountains or during the spring and fall months elsewhere). Find out what else to bring on our FAQ page.
- If possible bring a credit card with you while traveling. Credit cards can be used as identification and for making deposits on rentals if needed.
- Don't forget your camera - we will guarantee that you will want to take photos of new friends, beautiful scenery and wild animals!
- Book your pre and post departure accommodation in advance. Moose tours pick up and drop off at major hostels in Vancouver. Not sure where to stay? Contact our office for recommendations.
- Join our Facebook travel community and hook up with you future bus mates. If you have any questions we can surely answer them there. Possibly peruse some of the pics of passengers past!
- If you have any other questions please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact our office.