Heading West? The 2 day Chinook Tour travels one-way from Banff to Vancouver through the diverse and stunning landscapes of British Columbia. Explore Western Canada from the tall peaks of the Canadian Rockies, through the vast desert lowlands in the Okanagan, and finish by the lush coastal rainforests in Vancouver. We stop at scenic viewpoints en route, and for activities such as hiking and swimming.
Note: the Chinook is the final 2 days of the 8 day Caribou tour. Some of your fellow travellers will have been travelling together before you join them.
|2020 DEPARTURE DAYS & PRICING|
|April 29 to May 31||Sundays, Wednesdays||Low Season||from $291|
|June 01 to 30||Sundays, Wednesdays||Mid Season||from $306|
|July 01 to August 31||Sundays, Wednesdays||Peak Season||from $336|
|September 01 to September 30||Sundays, Wednesdays||Mid Season||from $306|
|October 01 to October 18||Sundays, Wednesdays||Low Season||from $291|
- 1 night mixed gender, hostel dormitory style accommodation
- Moose Bus transportation
- Services of a professional & fun tour guide/driver
- 1 breakfast (at the Samesun hostel)
- National Park fees
- Moose travellers also receive discounts on optional activities!
Not Interested in Staying in Shared Hostel Dorm Accommodation?
If you prefer to stay in private rooms or in alternative accommodation, check out the non-accommodated version of this tour by clicking here.
2 days/1 night | Departing Banff
- Explore Western Canada's wilderness stopping at stunning viewpoints along the way, and for hiking and swimming
- Tour through Yoho National Park
- See majestic waterfalls and turquoise lakes including 381m Takakkaw Falls (seasonal) and Emerald Lake
- Travel through Canada's desert region and party on Lake Okanagan
We leave the Rockies today, but not before stopping at the towering Takakkaw Falls (seasonal), the pristine Emerald Lake and the Natural Bridge. We’ll also stop for a photo at the stunning Kalamalka Lake viewpoint after reaching the Okanagan Valley. This area is known for sandy beaches on crystal clear lakes, and lots of fun in the sun. Relax at the lake, or rock out in Kelowna tonight - it’s a university city with plenty of bars and nightclubs!
Moose Accommodation: Samesun Kelowna
Today we cross the beautiful Okanagan Lake and climb over high mountain passes as we make our way to the west coast. We’ll explore the Othello Tunnels, before entering the Fraser Valley, and making a stop for lunch in the town of Hope. Then it’s onto Vancouver and time to say goodbye to your new friends.
Meal Inclusions: Breakfast at Samesun Kelowna
Moose Accommodation: None. You will need to make your own reservations for tonight.
Dates & PricesTours run from April to October each year.
Seat availability shown here is for the first leg of trip only. Please continue to the booking page for accurate seat availability.
|Price||Best Price||No of Seats||seats remaining||Make a booking|
There are various activities available in Banff before your tour - check our full activity list for details.
|Wildlife Spotting||Free||Various Locations|
If you book an accommodated tour, your accommodation is included for all nights of the tour, in mixed gender, hostel dormitory rooms. The majority of our travellers book an accommodated tour because it provides the best value for your money since we receive discounts from our accommodation providers that aren't available to the general public. Please note that you can request female only dorm rooms, and this is usually possible to accommodate, but we CANNOT guarantee it. We choose hostels and backpacker properties for their budget value, as well as properties that offer great facilities while always providing a warm, friendly atmosphere. By staying in shared dorm rooms you get a chance to meet more people, hang out with other tour guests, and keep the price as low as possible. The hostel staff are often travellers too, and they're great for helping plan your time in each destination, and for giving great local recommendations on where to eat, play and party!
Note: DO NOT purchase an accommodated tour/package if you want to stay in hostel private rooms on any or multiple nights of the tour. We DO NOT offer an upgrade package from dorm rooms to private rooms. If you want private rooms, you MUST book the non-accommodated option, and then book ALL nights of accommodation yourself.
Pre and Post Tour Accommodation is NEVER Included
Regardless of whether or not you purchase an accommodated tour, you must ALWAYS book your pre and post tour nights in Banff and Vancouver yourself. For your convenience, we recommend staying at one of our hostel pick up locations, noting that we also drop off at these same locations.
Moose Accommodation Listings
Here is a list of the hostels we stay at on this accommodated tour.
|START > DESTINATION||HOSTEL||WEBSITE|
|Banff > Kelowna||Samesun Kelowna||www.samesun.com|
|Kelowna > Vancouver||N/A||*Bed not included|
|ITINERARY DAY||PICK-UP TIME||PICK-UP LOCATION|
|BANFF > KELOWNA|
|HI Banff||8:00am||801 Hidden Ridge Way, Banff|
|Y Mountain Lodge||8:10am||102 Spray Ave, Banff|
|SameSun Banff||8:15am||433 Banff Ave, Banff|
|KELOWNA > VANCOUVER|
|SameSun Kelowna||8:00am||245 Harvey Ave, Kelowna|
- Bring proper clothing for the tour. The weather in Canada can be unpredictable, and changes in temperature can occur throughout the day depending on location (this is especially true in the mountains or during the spring and fall months elsewhere). Find out what else to bring on our FAQ page.
- If possible bring a credit card with you while traveling. Credit cards can be used as identification and for making deposits on rentals if needed.
- Don't forget your camera - we will guarantee that you will want to take photos of new friends, beautiful scenery and wild animals!
- Book your pre and post departure accommodation in advance. Moose tours pick up and drop off at major hostels in Vancouver and Banff. Not sure where to stay? Contact our office for recommendations.
- Join our Facebook travel community and hook up with you future bus mates. If you have any questions we can surely answer them there. Possibly peruse some of the pics of passengers past!
- If you have any other questions please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact our office.